If you guys are actually facing random restarts then it actually means that Windows automatically restarted your P. In order to fix some Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error as well. Any failing hardware component in your system could also cause Windows to reboot without even any prior warning actually. The most common cause for PC rebooting randomly is Graphic card overheating as well as driver issues, a virus or malware issue and also the power supply issue. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Computer Restarts Randomly in Windows. Let’s begin!
Now the Windows automatic restart feature is really useful whenever the PC faces some BSOD error. However, whenever the PC restarts randomly without even any warning. But only watching videos or playing games becomes an annoying issue actually. So without even wasting any further time let’s now see how you can actually Fix Computer restarts randomly on Windows 10 along with the help of the below-listed troubleshooting guide.
- 1 How to Fix Computer Restarts Randomly in Windows
- 1.1 Update BIOS
- 1.2 Reinstall Graphic Card Drivers
- 1.3 Disable Windows Automatic Restart Feature
- 1.4 Change Power Options | Computer Restarts Randomly
- 1.5 Update Graphic Card Drivers
- 1.6 Overheating issues | Computer Restarts Randomly
- 1.7 Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes
- 1.8 Perform System Restore
- 1.9 Run Memtest86+ | Computer Restarts Randomly
- 1.10 Conclusion
How to Fix Computer Restarts Randomly in Windows
Performing BIOS updates is a critical task and if something goes wrong, then it can seriously damage your system, therefore, expert supervision is recommended.
- The first step is just to identify your BIOS version, in order to do so tap on Windows Key + R. Then type “msinfo32” (without quotes) and now click on enter to open System Information.
- When the System Information window opens locate BIOS Version/Date and then note down the manufacturer and BIOS version as well.
- Next, head to your manufacturer’s website for e.g in my case it’s Dell so I will head to the Dell website. And then I will enter my PC serial number as well as click on the auto-detect option.
- Now from the list of drivers shown I will tap on BIOS and then will download the recommended update.
Note: Just do not turn off your computer or disconnect from your power source whenever updating the BIOS or you may harm your PC. During the update, your PC will restart and you guys will briefly see a black screen.
- When the file is downloaded, then just double-click on the Exe file to run it.
- At last, you have updated your BIOS and this may also Fix Computer restarts randomly on Windows 10 issues.
Reinstall Graphic Card Drivers
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and click on Enter to open Device Manager.
- Now expand Display adapters and then right-tap on your NVIDIA graphic card and choose Uninstall.
- If asked for confirmation, just choose Yes.
- Tap on Windows Key + X and then choose Control Panel.
- Now from Control Panel, tap on Uninstall a Program.
- Next, just uninstall everything related to Nvidia.
- Reboot your system in order to save changes and again download the setup from the manufacturer’s website.
- When you are sure that you have removed everything, then try installing the drivers again. The setup should also work without even any problems and then you will be able to Fix Computer restarts randomly on Windows 10 issues.
Disable Windows Automatic Restart Feature
- You have to right-click on This PC or My Computer and choose Properties.
- Now from the left-hand menu, tap on Advanced system settings.
- Switch to the Advanced tab and then under Startup and Recovery tap on the Settings button.
- Next, under System failure, you have to uncheck “Automatically restart” and tap on the OK
- Tap on Apply followed via OK.
- Now reboot your PC to save changes.
Change Power Options | Computer Restarts Randomly
- You have to right-click on the Power icon on the taskbar and choose Power Options.
- Now tap Change plan settings next to your currently active power plan as well.
- Just, tap on Change advanced power settings.
- Now scroll down and then expand Processor power management.
- Then click Minimum processor state and set it to low states such as 5% or 0%.
Note: Just change the above setting both for plugged in and battery.
- Tap on Apply followed via OK.
- Now reboot your PC to save changes and then see if you’re able to Fix Computer restarts randomly on Windows 10.
Update Graphic Card Drivers
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and click on enter to open Device Manager.
- Next, expand Display adapters and right-tap on your Nvidia Graphic Card, and choose Enable.
- When you have done this again right-click on your graphic card and then choose “Update Driver Software.“
- Just choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” and now let it finish the process.
- If the above step was able to fix your problem then pretty good, but if not then continue.
- Now again select “Update Driver Software”, however, this time on the next screen just choose “Browse my computer for driver software.“
- Now just choose “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.”
- At last, select the compatible driver from the list for your Nvidia Graphic Card and tap on Next.
- Just let the above process finish and restart your PC in order to save changes. After updating the Graphic card you may be also able to Fix Computer restarts randomly on Windows 10 as well.
Overheating issues | Computer Restarts Randomly
Just head here and download the HWMonitorPro. When downloaded, run the setup file and install it. You guys can run the program and leave it in the background. Now, just play a game or run any other resource-intensive program. You have to check the temperature values and voltages after a few minutes.
If the PC overheats then the PC is definitely restarting Because of overheating issues and this can be checked into HWMonitor Pro logs. In this case, either you have to service your PC since heats vents might be blocked because of excessive dust or your PC fans are not working correctly. In any case, you guys will need to take the PC to the service repair center for further inspection.
Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes
- You guys have to download and install CCleaner & Malwarebytes.
- Just run Malwarebytes and let it scan your system for harmful files.
- If malware is found, then it will automatically remove them.
- Now run CCleaner and in the “Cleaner” section, which is under the Windows tab. And then we suggest checking the following selections to be cleaned:
- When you’ve made certain the proper points are checked, then simply click Run Cleaner, and let CCleaner run its course.
- To clean your system further, just choose the Registry tab and make sure the following are checked:
- Choose Scan for Issue and allow CCleaner to scan, then tap on Fix Selected Issues.
- Whenever CCleaner asks “Do you want backup changes to the registry?” just choose Yes.
- When your backup has been completed, choose Fix All Selected Issues.
- Now restart your PC to save changes and then this would Fix Computer restarts randomly on Windows 10.
Perform System Restore
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type”sysdm.cpl” and then hit enter.
- Choose the System Protection tab and then select System Restore.
- Tap on Next and choose the desired System Restore point.
- You have to follow the on-screen instruction in order to complete the system restore.
- Now after reboot, you may be able to fix the issue.
Run Memtest86+ | Computer Restarts Randomly
Note: Before starting, make sure you guys have access to another PC as you will have to download and then burn Memtest86+ to the disc or USB flash drive.
- Just connect a USB flash drive to your system.
- Then download and install Windows Memtest86 Auto-installer for USB Key.
- Now right-click on the image file which you guys just downloaded and choose the “Extract here” option.
- When extracted, open the folder and then run the Memtest86+ USB Installer.
- Select your plugged-in USB drive in order to burn the MemTest86 software (This will basically format your USB drive).
- When the above process is finished, then just insert the USB to the PC which is restarting randomly.
- Now restart your PC and make sure that boot from the USB flash drive is selected.
- Memtest86 will now begin testing for memory corruption in your system.
- If you guys have passed all the tests then you can make sure that your memory is working correctly.
- Also, if some of the steps were unsuccessful then Memtest86 will find memory corruption. That actually means that your computer restarting automatically is due to bad/corrupt memory.
- In order to Fix Computer then restarts randomly on Windows 10, now you guys will have to replace your RAM if bad memory sectors are found.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Fix ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED in Chrome
Leave a Comment