Windows users would know that the ‘error code 43’ is associated along with the Device Manager. A troubleshooting tool that we most of the time recommend to update/reinstall drivers. In order to fix common PC problems. As Device Manager is a hardware manager tool, the error code basically says that there is something wrong along with one of your hardware devices. This could also be internal or an accessory that you connected externally. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Driver Error Code 43 on Windows 10. Let’s begin!
The first thing that you have to do is identify the device that is not working correctly, such as Keyboard or mouse, external HDD/SSD, display, as well. This will also help with the troubleshooting steps as some of them will need this information. Most of the time, launching an app or performing a task triggers the associated hardware device, helping with the identification. Such as, you should begin with the graphics card if launching a game triggers the ‘error code 43’ message on your screen as well.
- 1 How to Fix Driver Error Code 43 on Windows 10
How to Fix Driver Error Code 43 on Windows 10
Identify If There Is an Error Related To Code 43 or not
- Tap on Windows key + R, and type the command devmgmt.msc in the dialog box, and click on Enter.
- The Device Manager dialog box will then open.
- Also, the device having a problem will now have a yellow exclamation mark next to it. However, sometimes, you’ll have to check for the issues in your device manually as well.
- Expand the device folder, that you feel has a problem. Here, we will also troubleshooting issues with the Display adapters. Double-tap on the selected device in order to open its Properties.
- After opening the properties of the device, then you can see the status of the device. If it is working correctly or also there is an error code.
- If the device is working correctly, then it will also show a message that the device is working properly under Device status, as shown below.
- A message related to error code 43 will also be displayed under Device status if there is an issue along with the device.
Restart Your PC
The first way in order to solve the code 43 error is to restart the PC. If you have made any changes to your PC and also your restart is pending. Then you are most likely in order to get the code error 43.
- In order to restart your PC, and click on the Start Menu.
- Tap on the Power button on the bottom left corner then clicks on the Restart button.
- When you click on Restart, then your PC will restart.
Reinstall, Update, Rollback Drivers | Code 43
At times you’ll have to reinstall, update, and also roll back drivers to get the software and Windows system function normally as well. You can do that from the Device Manager itself. First, you’ll have to figure out which hardware component is basically facing this issue. For example, let’s say it’s the graphics card as well.
- You have to search for and open the Device Manager from the Start menu. You may also find this option in a shortcut menu that basically shows itself whenever you tap on Windows key+X.
- You can also find the graphics card under the Display adapters heading. You should see the make and model of the card listed here. Right-tap on it in order to access the options menu.
Undo the changes
If you guys had installed a device or made changes in the device manager before the error code 43 problem popped in. Then these changes may also be responsible for the issues you are facing. So, your problem can be solved via undoing the changes through System Restore. Once you have done that, you have to check if you are still facing the issues or not.
Remove other USB devices
If you guys have multiple USB devices connected to your PC and you are also facing error code 43. Then the devices connected to your PC may also be facing incompatibility issues. So, with removing or unplugging many other devices and then restarting your PC can actually solve the problem.
The save power feature of your PC can also be responsible for the device throwing error code 43. In order to check and to remove the save power option, you have to follow these steps:
- Tap on Windows key + R, type the command devmgmt.msc in the dialog box, and then click on enter.
- The Device Manager dialog box will now open.
- Scroll down the list and then expand the Universal serial bus controllers option via double-clicking on it as well.
- Right-click on the USB Root Hub option and then select Properties. USB Root Hub Properties dialog box will also open up as well.
- Switch to the Power Management tab and Uncheck the box next to permit the computer to turn off this device to save power. Then tap on OK.
- Noe repeat the same process if there is any other USB Root Hub device listed.
Replace the Device
The code 43 error may be caused due to the device itself. So, replacing the device is the best solution in order to resolve the error code 43. However, it is advisable that before replacing the device, first, you should try the methods listed above to troubleshoot the issue as well. And fix any underlying issue that is causing the error code 43. If any of these methods do not really solve your issue, then you can also replace your device.
NVIDIA Apps Issue| Code 43
Gamers will agree, NVIDIA apps most of the time cause errors. We would recommend you to uninstall the following three NVIDIA apps via Revo Uninstaller to make sure no traces are left behind.
Reboot your computer and then reinstall the NVIDIA graphics card driver and much other software. You can also download the latest versions from the links above as well.
Windows 10 comes along with a troubleshooting tool for a lot of services. Some of them cater to hardware devices such as printers, Bluetooth, sound, and others. You can select the correct troubleshooting option based on the hardware device throwing the ‘error code 43’ on your screen as well.
- Tap on Windows+I to open Settings and then head to Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooter.
- You guys should now view a list of troubleshooting options. Choose one based on your needs and follow on-screen instructions in order to find out if it helps.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Leave a Comment