Whenever you guys open Quick Access in Windows 10 File Explorer. You guys may also notice that you can just see all of your recently visited files and folders in a list as well. While it’s quite handy, however, there are times when they lead to a pretty nasty privacy breach. Such as, you guys visited a personal folder. Some other user also has access to your PC and then he or she might be able to access your personal files as well as folders based on your recent history via the quick access in File Explorer. Just read this article to know all about How to Clear Your File Explorer Recent Files History. Let’s start!
Your recent items and most of the places are saved in the following location:
Now you guys have an option in order to clear your history. That will clear the list of your recently visited files and folders from the quick access menu as well. However, you also can turn off recent items and most the places altogether, however, if you guys like having your history. You have to clear your recent files as well as folders history every once in a while. Anyway, without even wasting any further time, let’s see How you can Clear Your File Explorer Recent Files History in Windows 10 along with the help of the below tutorial.
How to Clear Your File Explorer Recent Files History
Clear Your File Explorer Recent Files History in Windows 10 Settings
- Tap no Windows Key + I in order to open Settings and then tap on the Personalization icon.
- Then from the left-hand menu, tap on Start.
- Next, turn off or disable the toggle that is under “Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar“.
Clear individual items from recent files in Quick Access
- Tap on Windows Key + E in order to open Quick Access in File Explorer.
- Just right-click on the recent file or folder for which you guys want to clear the history and choose “Remove from Quick access“.
- This would successfully remove that specific entry from Quick Access.
Reset and Clear Recent Items & Frequent Places in File Explorer Options
Note: Well clearing File Explorer history also clears all any locations you have pinned to jump lists as well as pinned to quick access, deletes the address bar history of File Explorer as well.
- First, open File Explorer Options.
- You have to make sure you guys are in the General tab, then tap on Clear under Privacy.
- That’s just it, you have Clear Your File Explorer Recent Files History in Windows 10.
- When you clear the history, recent files will actually disappear until you guys open a file as well as visit a folder in File Explorer.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!