Well, most people nowadays are into using Facebook. Due to this social media platform connects to millions of people around the globe, who will not be really interested in having one, right? Facebook permits you to post pictures, videos, and as well as your status at the moment you guys are using such as on how you actually feel. It also helps people in order to search for other people and stay connected along with them even if they are far away. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Cannot Send Photos on Facebook Messenger. let’s begin!
And with that, one of the most used applications as well as platforms that Facebook offers to millions of folks is its Messenger. Through this feature, you guys will be able to send and receive messages as well as some pictures as well as videos privately.
You also can even send some files if you want to do so. But, just like any other social media platform out there, Facebook also comes along with many common issues. That you guys might encounter and one of which is whenever you can’t send messages on Facebook. This is also one moment that is inconvenient for folks who basically use this platform. Since it can be a cause since to why they lose communication with their friends.
- 1 How to Fix Cannot Send Photos on Facebook Messenger
- 1.1 Check for Permissions
- 1.2 Check Date & Time Settings
- 1.3 Check Secure Digital Card Settings (SD Card)
- 1.4 Erase Cache and Data from the Messenger
- 1.5 Reinstall the Messenger
- 1.6 Use the Lite Version of the App | Cannot Send Photos
- 1.7 Try an older version of Facebook Messenger
- 1.8 Leave the Beta Program | Cannot Send Photos
- 1.9 Conclusion
How to Fix Cannot Send Photos on Facebook Messenger
This most of the time happens when either the server has some issues, cache and data are choked up or if the date and time are not in sync. However, don’t you panic, as we are here to get you out of this problem and also get your social media life back on track.
Check for Permissions
Facebook messenger not working can be really frustrating since it is the next best thing after the Facebook App. This mostly happens when Facebook doesn’t have access to your internal storage as well as your SD Card. Even users can also most of the time dismiss the permission of storage access, absentmindedly. This could also be the reason behind your Facebook Messenger not working properly and ignoring the media files as well.
In order to fix this, you will have to follow the below instructions:
- Head to Settings and look for Apps.
- Now, navigate Manage Apps and then also find Facebook Messenger.
- You have to check whether you have granted all the permissions except for location, SMS, and Contacts related information. Make sure Camera & Storage access is also granted.
Now you need to reboot your Android and try sending pictures via Facebook Messenger again.
Check Date & Time Settings
If your date and time settings are not really in sync, then the Messenger application will not work properly. If Facebook Messenger is not working, then also check your time and date settings.
To check your time and data, you guys also follow these instructions and set them correct:
- Now navigate Settings and choose System or Additional settings.
- Next, you just look for the Date & time option.
- Just make sure to turn on the toggle next to “Automatic date & time“.
- At last, Reboot your Android Device as well.
Check Secure Digital Card Settings (SD Card)
There are a lot of additional shields of system and security permissions whenever we deal along with external storage. If your SD card doesn’t really fit correctly in the designated slot then you guys won’t be able to share pictures on Facebook Messenger.
Many times, a virus-corrupted SD card can also be the issue behind this problem as well. So just don’t take any risks; make sure you guys have set the correct settings, as intended. You can also try to replace your SD card along with another one, just in order to check if the issue is not with your SD card. Or else, you can just remove the SD card and clean dust via blowing air in the designated slot then just again re-insert it. If nothing else works then you guys may have to format your SD card and try again.
Erase Cache and Data from the Messenger
If the Facebook Messenger app cache & data is actually corrupted then this can be the issue behind you not being able to share pictures along with your friends using Facebook Messenger. Deleting unwanted cache will now fix the issue and make storage space for other important things as well. Also, deleting the cache doesn’t really delete your user ID and password.
Following are the steps in order to delete the Facebook Messenger cache:
- Head to Settings on your phone.
- Then choose Apps and then head for Manage Applications.
- Now, navigate Facebook Messenger and head to Storage.
- At last, erase the cache first and then Clear Data.
- Now restart your Android and then log in to your Messenger account again.
Reinstall the Messenger
Couldn’t post those pictures from last night’s party since Facebook Messenger isn’t permitting you to share as well as receive pictures online? Sad story, bro! If all the above suggestions don’t help and then reinstalling the app is also a great option in order to solve this problem. Steps, in order to do that, are jotted down below:
- You have to head to Settings and find Apps.
- Now just look for All apps/ Manage Applications and choose Messenger.
- Uninstall the app from there and then erase all cache & data history.
- Head to Play Store and then again install Facebook Messenger.
- So, rebooting your device is optional. When it is done, log in again now.
This may be able to Fix the Can’t Send Photos on Facebook Messenger issue, and if not then continue along with the next method.
Use the Lite Version of the App | Cannot Send Photos
The lite version of the Facebook Messenger app is basically a low-key way to access Facebook. It just works just the same, however, has a few downgraded features
In order to install Facebook Lite:
- You have to visit the Play store and Download Facebook Messenger Lite.
- Now after the installation process, just enter your user ID and password.
- The app should work just as well as a new one. Now you can also relish sharing photographs and media online.
Try an older version of Facebook Messenger
Well, someone rightly said, old is gold. An earlier version seems to be the only option whenever nothing works out. Roll backward if you have to, there is no harm. An older version of Messenger can also resolve the can’t send Photos on Facebook Messenger issue. Here are the steps in order to do this:
Note: Installing apps from third-party websites as well as sources is not recommended. Only do this if nothing works, however, even then proceed along with caution.
- Uninstall the Facebook Messenger App from your phone as well.
- Now, navigate to APK Mirror, or any other third-party website and also search for Facebook Messenger.
- You have to download the older version APK which is not older than 2 months as well.
- Install the APK and also ‘grant permission’ where ever needed.
- You have to Erase the cache and then log in along with your user ID and password.
Leave the Beta Program | Cannot Send Photos
Are you guys a part of the Beta program for Facebook Messenger? Because if you are, then let me tell you, leaving is actually the best option. Although Beta Programs are really great for getting the latest updates & features. However, these updates contain bugs that can also cause conflict with the Messenger app. These new apps are unstable and might also cause a problem.
If you guys are planning to leave the Beta program for Facebook Messenger, you have to follow these instructions:
- Head to Play Store and then search for Messenger.
- Also, keep on scrolling downwards until you guys find the words ‘You are in a beta tester section.
- Choose Leave and wait for your removal from the Beta program as well.
- Now, just Reboot your device and get yourself the latest version of Messenger now.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!