If you guys want to enable or disable Bluetooth in Windows 10, then you can easily do that from the Settings app. Just head to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & many other devices. And under Bluetooth turn on or turn off the toggle to either Enable Bluetooth as well as Disable Bluetooth. However, what if the option to turn Bluetooth on or off is missing from Windows 10 Settings? Well, Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Bluetooth On Off Switch Missing in Windows 10. Let’s begin!
Here are a few some of the issues which users are now facing with Bluetooth on Windows 10:
No option to turn on Bluetooth in Windows 10 Device does not have Bluetooth Bluetooth won't turn on Windows 10 Bluetooth missing toggle in Windows 10 No Bluetooth toggle in Windows 10 No Bluetooth switch Windows 10 Can't turn on Bluetooth Windows 8 Option to turn Bluetooth on or off is missing from Windows 10
- 1 How to Fix Bluetooth On Off Switch Missing in Windows 10
- 1.1 Check if Your Device Supports Bluetooth
- 1.2 Enable Bluetooth in Device Manager | Bluetooth On Off Switch
- 1.3 Enable Bluetooth Services
- 1.4 Update Bluetooth Drivers
- 1.5 Disable Fast Startup | Bluetooth On Off Switch
- 1.6 Run Bluetooth Troubleshooter
- 1.7 Use the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
- 1.8 Reinstall Bluetooth Drivers
- 1.9 Use Startup Repair | Bluetooth On Off Switch
- 1.10 Conclusion
How to Fix Bluetooth On Off Switch Missing in Windows 10
Check if Your Device Supports Bluetooth
If you guys don’t really have the option of adding Bluetooth to the Action Center quick list. Then there is actually a chance your Bluetooth drivers are missing, as well as your device doesn’t really support Bluetooth. Here is how you guys can check if Bluetooth is supported and configured properly on your device as well:
- Tap on Windows Key + I in order to open the Settings panel, and then head to Devices.
- Then if the Bluetooth & other apps menu is visible, then your device really supports Bluetooth technology.
- If the menu is not really visible, then search for device manager in the Start menu search bar and just select the Best match.
- Just check if there is actually a Bluetooth menu inside the available devices list actually.
Bluetooth might also be inside the Hidden devices list, so click on View > Show hidden devices. And then check if Bluetooth is listed as well. If Bluetooth is missing from the list, you guys will need to get a Bluetooth adapter. Whenever deciding which adapter you should get, just check its compatibility properties.
Enable Bluetooth in Device Manager | Bluetooth On Off Switch
- Click on Windows Key + R and then type devmgmt.msc and tap on Enter.
- Then just expand Bluetooth and then right-tap on your Bluetooth device and select Enable.
- Then tap on Windows Key + I in order to open Settings then click on Devices.
- From the left-hand menu, click on Bluetooth & Other Devices as well.
- Now in the right window pane toggle the switch under Bluetooth to ON in order to Enable Bluetooth in Windows 10.
- Whenever finished close each and everything and then just reboot your PC.
Enable Bluetooth Services
- Click on Windows Key + R and then type services.msc and click on Enter.
- Just right-tap on Bluetooth Support service and then select Properties.
- You guys have to make sure to set the Startup type to Automatic and if the service is not already running, just click on Start.
- Click on Apply followed via OK.
- Then reboot your PC in order to save changes and see if you’re able to Fix the Option to Turn Bluetooth on or off is Missing from Windows 10.
- Now after the reboot open Windows 10 Settings and then see if you guys are able to access Bluetooth Settings.
Update Bluetooth Drivers
- Click on Windows Key + R and then type devmgmt.msc and tap on Enter to open Device Manager.
- Now from the menu tap on View and then select “Show hidden devices“.
- Then, just expand Bluetooth and right-tap on “Bluetooth USB Module” as well as “Bluetooth Generic Adapter” then select Update driver.
- Select “Search automatically for updated driver software” and then just let it finish the process.
- Now if the above step was able to fix your problem then good, if not then just continue.
- Then again just choose “Update Driver Software”, however, this time on the next screen choose “Browse my computer for driver software.“
- Then select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer” as well.
- At last, select the compatible driver from the list for your Bluetooth device and just tap on Next.
- Just let the above process finish and restart your PC in order to save changes.
See if you guys are able to Fix the Option to Turn Bluetooth on or off is Missing from Windows 10. If not then just continue to the next method.
Disable Fast Startup | Bluetooth On Off Switch
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type control and click on Enter to open Control Panel.
- Tap on Hardware and Sound and then click on Power Options.
- Now from the left window pane and then choose “Choose what the power buttons do.“
- Then tap on “Change settings that are currently unavailable.“
- Now uncheck “Turn on fast startup” and tap on Save changes.
Run Bluetooth Troubleshooter
Running the troubleshooter might be enough in order to fix most issues that interfere with Bluetooth functionality.
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security.
- Tap on Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters.
- From the Find and fix other problems menu, just tap on Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.
The Bluetooth troubleshooter will then fix any detected issues automatically. When the process is complete, restart your PC or laptop and then just check if Bluetooth is now available within the Action Center menu.
Use the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
The Hardware and Device troubleshooter is now “hidden” in Windows 10. But, you can still access it using Command Prompt. This is how you guys can do it:
- Now in the Start menu search bar, you have to search for the command prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- Just input msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic. This will basically open the troubleshooter.
- Tap on Next to launch the scan.
The troubleshooter will actually find and fix problems with your Bluetooth devices. If it shows the Troubleshooting couldn’t identify the problem message, then you have to try another solution.
Reinstall Bluetooth Drivers
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type devmgmt.msc and click on Enter.
- Now expand Bluetooth and then right-click on your device and choose Uninstall.
- If asks for confirmation, choose Yes to continue.
- Then right-click in an empty space inside Device Manager and then choose “Scan for hardware changes“. This will automatically install the default Bluetooth drivers as well.
- You have to open Windows 10 Settings and see if you guys are able to access Bluetooth Settings.
Use Startup Repair | Bluetooth On Off Switch
Startup Repair is one of the tools that you guys can find in the Advanced options menu. If you guys are experiencing issues that basically indicate system corruption, you can also fix it using Windows Startup Repair.
- Tap and hold Shift at the Windows sign-in screen.
- Jus tap on Power > Restart. Now you guys should view the boot screen.
- Tap on Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair.
- Select an administrator account and then enter the password, if required.
- Tap on Continue.
- Restart your PC after the Startup Repair tool has now run.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Fix Windows 10 Crashes
Leave a Comment