Android is the most famous mobile operating system. It shares the largest chunk of smartphone OS as well. The success can also be attributed to its open-source nature, and a mammoth number of apps, and ease of use as well. The popularity of the app has led to the development of many Android emulators for Windows and Mac too. Just read this article to know all about Bluestacks vs Memu – Which Emulator is Best for You. Let’s start!
Two such most famous Android emulators are Bluestacks and MEmu. Let us now compare them in detail and find out which one outperforms in terms of power, graphics, controls, and many other emulator characteristics.
If we talk about stats and specifications, then MEmu completely dominates the other two. But, BlueStacks stands out with its many unique features. Nox also holds its own ground via offering excellent balancing and performance. That being said, we only have to choose one from these three, and it is tough.
- 1 What is Android Emulator | Bluestacks vs Memu
- 1.1 Why Android Emulators?
- 1.2 Installation Guide
- 1.3 Requirements | Bluestacks vs Memu
- 1.4 Benchmark
- 1.5 Features | Bluestacks vs Memu
- 1.6 User Interface | Bluestacks vs Memu
- 1.7 Quick Overview | Bluestacks vs Memu
- 1.8 FAQs
- 1.9 Conclusion
What is Android Emulator | Bluestacks vs Memu
An android emulator is actually software that can be used or installed on a computer (Windows/ Mac/ Linux). In order to take benefit of apps, software, and programs that are only designed and available for android devices as well. An emulator is a software that enables one computer system in order to behave like another computer system.
You can run the Android ecosystem on the Windows and Mac PC for free along with emulators. The responsiveness and ease of using the mobile Apps on the emulator rely on your system specifications.
Why Android Emulators?
An Android emulator works as a bridge between a device any other OS and also an Android operating system. Installing an android emulator works just like a virtual machine inside your device or computer. You can also run the android emulator on your PC having Windows/ Mac/ Linux as an operating system. And can run all the programs of an android smartphone that are specifically developed for mobiles too.
Installing an Android emulator on your laptop or PC is not really difficult. But, all of these three emulators follow a different installation pattern. And to make your job easier, we also have mentioned the installation steps below:
Click on the button to install the emulators, such as Bluestacks or Nox, and so on “Download”
Out of all three, BlueStacks is actually the easiest one to download. It doesn’t really need any additional permissions from you. And you guys can easily get the official download package from Bluestacks.com.
- Go to BlueStacks’ official website and tap on the “Download” button to get the latest version. You can also use any third-party website in order to download the emulator.
Note: Make sure that you have an antivirus installed on your PC before you opt for any third-party website.
- When the download process is completed, open the emulator package.
- The installation process will roughly take around 2 minutes, and when you do; the BlueStacks emulator will open automatically. (For Ubuntu users, you guys may have to grant a couple of additional permissions, which will pop up during the installation process).
Known for its enhanced gaming features, MEmu is really easy to download on your PC or laptop. The only drawback is to find the updated version of the emulator. You can use their official website or any third-party website in order to download this.
- First. download MEmu Play offline installs a package from (Just check the latest version before googling your way).
- In the install package, you guys get a file and a folder. Tap on the MEmu-Setup.exe file and initiate the process.
- On the opening screen, you guys will be treated along with a “Quick Install” button. Tap on it.
- The MEmu Android will begin to install.
- After the installation is finished, then just run the application.
- Log in with your Google credentials, and start to use the app now.
Requirements | Bluestacks vs Memu
One of the most crucial aspects, in order to contemplate before choosing an Android emulator, is its requirements. MEmu is the most graphics-intensive out of all, also has the lowest specification requirements on paper too. That is followed via BlueStacks, and that have relatively high requirements.
- Operating System: Bluestack can also be operated on Windows 7,8,8.1,10 and Mac.
- CPU: It requires a Multi-core AMD/ Intel CPU to run.
- RAM & Storage: Minimum of 2GB of RAM and 4GB of Hard drive space is required to run Bluestacks.
- Your computer must also have a service pack 2 or higher.
- For the proper functioning of Bluestacks, all the drivers of your system must be updated to the latest version as well.
- Intel, Nvidia, or AMD CPU Processor
- Windows XP/7/8 /8.1/10 as well
- Windows DirectX 11 or Graphics driver along with OpenGL 2.0
- Hardware Virtualization Technology (Intel VT-x/AMD-V) shall also be enabled in BIOS
- Minimum 2GB of system memory
- Minimum 2GB of hard disk free space
In the modern era, any software’s capability is measured via the highest benchmark score it gets. Antutu, one of the most trusted platforms in order to obtain accurate benchmark scores, crowns BlueStacks as the champion. But when it comes to in-depth scoring, every emulator scored pretty well. Well, MEmu got the highest overall rating of 924165, also including all the CPU, GPU, MEM, and UX (valid and invalid) scores.
These results were partially anonymous actually. We also did multiple tests on these three in order to get the results. And every time, the results were slightly different from each other too. This is because the performance of an emulator is measured from the application played in it as well.
If you guys decide to do intensive gaming, then MEmu is probably the best pick for you as well. We also tested it with graphic-intensive games such as Asphalt 9, Real Racing, and Dungeon Hunter 5. And we didn’t even face any lag or hiccups.
BlueStacks also became the close second, being beaten in the overall score. However, it still managed to do a decent job in almost each and everything we threw at it. If it’s intensive gaming or multitasking as well, BlueStacks handled each and everything such as a champion. Nox was actually listed last in the table because of its average scoring.
But, it doesn’t mean that it’s not usable. Nox bundles some really impressive features, and it also has a really low spec requirement, because of which these scores were not as impressive actually. However, still, you can use it with almost any given mobile application as well.
Features | Bluestacks vs Memu
Features are the elements that enhance your experience actually. And Nox was the clear winner here. With up to 30 unique features ranging from performance and quality, it also offered a lot of customization to its users.
BlueStacks was again the number two here basically. With impressive gaming features and a real-time CPU performance meter, you guys have the advantage of tracking your in-game progress. MEmu, however, is the best in terms of specification, it doesn’t pack the features that we would have loved to see.
However, still, it offered a decent user experience. For your better understanding, also we explained the feature-set of all three emulators below.
- Game Control – With added security and performance, BlueStacks gives some extensive gaming features. During our testing phase, we also noticed the FPS remained stable throughout too.
The emulator was tested along with graphic-intensive games, video-streaming applications, and music apps, and also the performance remained stable.
- Multi-Instance – This is also a gaming-particular feature. However, we are doing some intensive gaming on our laptops, the emulator lags and shows hiccups because of its limitation. However, this feature lets you play without even any bugs or untimely crashes.
- Macro Management – This ability lets you exclusively use some performance-enhancing ability that also increases the FPS rates for a few seconds. That lets you record the game screen. This feature is really useful for video streamers and gaming enthusiasts as well.
- Eco Mode – If you guys notice that the CPU gauge is rocketing and throttling, then the Eco mode kicks in, that balances the emulator’s speed and performance. This mode is useful in balancing the heating issues of your PC actually.
MEmu Player Features
- Smart Controls – With efficient mapping, the MEmu emulator is really easy to use. When we compare this feature along with the other two, MEmu comes as the easiest to use. Smart controlling also lets you customize the FPS rating of the games you run on it actually.
- Balanced Performance – MEmu gives a balanced performance. In gaming, we never faced any lag or crashes. The game ran really smooth, along with racing games receiving an extra boost.
- Graphic Elevation – Many mobile applications have mind-blowing graphics as well. And to tackle this, MEmu has also integrated a graphic boost mode. That provides s a significant push to the CPU and GPU. You also have the option to play every game through this mode.
User Interface | Bluestacks vs Memu
Bluestacks gives many features to improve better user experience, also it also has a user-friendly environment for much better interaction. Users can also set mapping via the keyboard and also you can customize all the controls in order to the keys, i.e. you can easily add a keys shortcut in order to control your games as you want.
However, the overall performance of the emulator will rely upon your system specification. For smooth gaming performance, a little bit more RAM than the minimum requirement will be considered good as well.
The interaction between the users and MEmu is smoother and also more convenient as compared to Bluestacks. Along with Android 7.0, they brought a new user interface and a new setting interface. That makes it really convenient for usage. You also get more deeper graphic control setting in order to customize the emulators according to your need. The MEmu is simple and comes along with sophisticated controls and UI making it a tough counterpart to Bluestacks.
Quick Overview | Bluestacks vs Memu
A quick overview of both emulators
|Comparison Measures||BlueStacks||MEmu Player|
|RAM requirement (Minimum)||2GB||2 GB|
|Hard drive space (Minimum)||4GB||2 GB|
|Supported OS||Windows 7/8/8.1/10 & Mac||Windows|
|CPU||Multi-core (at least dual-core) AMD/ Intel CPU||Multi-core (at least dual-core) AMD/ Intel CPU|
|Key Mapping and Mouse control||Very much optimized and better too||Customizable Mapping for gaming as well|
|Apps||Preloaded Google Play Store too||Integrated play store and web browser as well.|
|Performance||It performs better than MEmu||It performs well on a modern PC.|
|Usability||Usable but has Ads actually||Better usable then Bluestacks as well|
|UI||Much better for the experienced user basically||It is Specially designed for Gamers|
|Cost||Free or Paid for Premium version||Free of cost|
Which emulator is best in terms of features?
For me, from gaming to energy-saving and even compatibility, Nox is actually jam-packed along with useful features. However, Both BlueStacks and MEmu emulator gives a decent set of features as well.
Which emulator would suit an old Computer or Laptop?
MEmu has the most impressive user interface, however, it has the lowest requirement. If you guys own any old PC or Laptop, then it should be your go-to choice. Then comes BlueStacks along with decent requirements.
Which is the best emulator for gaming?
For gaming, you need an emulator that handles high-graphic applications along with ease. According to the benchmark, MEmu would be our first pick, along with BlueStacks coming close second. MEmu packs some really impressive benchmark scores, and it also packs an additional gaming mode too. BlueStacks, while not being the best one, also has some features that can boost your gaming performance.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: What is Intellectual Property?