Well, it’s no secret that the social media frenzy has actually gone out of control and that makes it all the more important to take a break as well. If that’s the case, then we can easily deactivate their accounts. However, what if there’s a specific user that’s pestering you? In such a case, the only sensible choice would be just to block them. In this article, we are going to discuss what actually happens when you block someone on Snapchat. So if you’re interested, then continue reading! Snapchat is actually an excellent application for putting up short content as well. It can also be in the form of videos or photos that disappear after 24 hours. Just read this article to know all about Blocking On Snapchat – What Happens when we Block Someone. Let’s begin!
Fortunately, in case you guys are not comfortable with a specific user, then you can block them. Blocking is also a great way in order to keep spam profiles away. However, have you ever wondered what happens when you guys block some on Snapchat? If not, then just don’t worry! We will also tell you about all the aspects related to blocking on Snapchat in this article actually.
Blocking On Snapchat – What Happens when we Block Someone
There are a lot of reasons why you have to know about the blocking feature on each and every social media platform. In this article, we are also dealing with one such application, i.e., Snapchat. Now following are a few reasons:
- You guys might want to restrict your content to a stranger who also has accidentally been added to your list.
- You guys might receive spam notifications and snaps in many situations. One can also keep these notorious accounts away through blocking them as well.
- Blocking is also an excellent option in order to restrict your content from one user whenever you don’t want them to see it. You can later go ahead and then unblock them when the story expires after 24 hours.
- Some folks prefer to keep their Snapchat profiles private, unlike influencers. Blocking also helps keep away business accounts or many other public handles that may want to interact.
What happens when we block someone on Snapchat?
Now let’s say that a specific user makes you uncomfortable and so you block them. There are a few changes that will also take place whenever you now open the application.
- When you block someone, neither will they be able to view your story nor will you guys be able to send or receive any snaps from them.
- You also won’t be able to share any messages as well as chat along with them.
- After blocking, both you and the blocked user will then not appear in each other’s searches.
- They might also still be able to view your public stories if you guys have only “removed” them!
Blocking decreases these chances to zero.
How to block someone on Snapchat? | Blocking On Snapchat
Before knowing what really happens whenever you block some on Snapchat. Let us first take a look at the process of blocking as well! If you guys want to block someone, then just follow the given steps:
- You have to open the chat of the user that you’d like to block.
- Just locate the three horizontal lines on the top left corner of the chat.
- Now from the menu of options that are now displayed, just choose ‘Block’.
- When that’s done, the chatbox will then disappear automatically.
- You can also delete a user from your friend list rather than blocking for a lesser drastic measure.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Convert Coaxial Cable to HDMI
Leave a Comment