If you’re looking for a way in order to Block Internet Access or connectivity on Windows 10 PC. Then don’t look any further as today in this article we will see how you guys can disable internet access on your PC. There can be many n numbers of reasons as to why you guys want to block internet access. Such as on a home PC, a child or family member might mistakenly install some malware or virus from the internet. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Block Internet Access in Windows 10. Let’s start!
Many times you want to save your internet bandwidth, organizations disable the internet so that employees can focus more on the work as well. This article will list all the possible methods via which you can easily block internet connections. And you can also block internet access for programs or applications s well.
- 1 How to Block Internet Access in Windows 10
- 2 How to Block Internet Access to Programs
How to Block Internet Access in Windows 10
Turn off Internet Connection
You can block internet connection from any particular network via network connection settings. Just follow these steps to disable the internet for any particular network.
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type ncpa.cpl and click on Enter to open the Network Connection window.
- This will open the network connection window where you guys can see your Wi-Fi, Ethernet network as well. Now, select the network which you want to turn off.
- Now, right-click on that particular network and then choose Disable from the options.
This will disable the internet for that respective network connection as well. If you want to “Enable” this network connection, then just follow these similar steps and this time select “Enable”.
Block Internet Access Using Parental Control
You can block any website along with a parental control feature. This feature helps you define which websites should be allowed, and also which websites should be restricted on your system. You can also put a data limit (bandwidth) on the internet. This feature can be implemented via following these steps:
- Tap on Windows Key + I to open Settings then click on the Account icon in order to open account-related settings.
- Now from the left-hand side menu choose “Other People” option.
- Then you need to add a family member as a child or as an adult under the option “Add a family member”.
- Tap on “Manage Family Setting online” in order to change the parental setting for the accounts.
- This will basically open a web page of Microsoft parental control. Here, all the adult and child account would be visible. That you guys have created for your Windows 10 PC.
- Next, you have to click on the recent activity option at the top-right corner of the screen.
- This will open a screen where you guys can apply different restrictions related to the internet and games under the “Content Restriction” tab as well.
- Now you can also restrict the websites and also enable safe search. You can also specify which websites are allowed and which ones are blocked as well.
Block Internet Access Using System Host File
A website can be easily blocked via the system host file. It is one of the easiest methods in order to block any website, so just follow these steps:
- Navigate to the following path from the File Explorer as well:
- Double-tap on the host file then from the list of programs and choose Notepad and click OK.
- This will open the hots file in a notepad as well. Now type the website name and the IP address that you want to be blocked as well.
- Tap on Ctrl + S in order to save the changes.
Tun off Internet Access Using Proxy Server
You can block all the websites through using the proxy server option in internet explorer. You can also change the proxy server via these steps:
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type “inetcpl.cpl” and hit Enter in order to open Internet Properties.
Note: You can also open Internet Properties via using Internet Explorer, just choose Settings > Internet Options.
- Switch to the Connections tab and then tap on the “LAN Settings”.
- Make sure to checkmark the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” option and then type any fake IP address (ex: 0.0.0.0) under the address field and tap on OK to save changes.
Disable Network Adapter
You can block the internet via disabling network adapters. With this method, you will be able to block all the internet access on your PC.
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type “mmc compmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and click on Enter.
- This will open Computer Management, from where just tap on Device Manager under the System Tools section.
- When Device Manager opens, scroll down and tap on “Network Adapter” to expand it.
- Now choose any device and then right-click on it and choose Disable.
If in the future you want to use that device again for the network connection actually. Then follow the above steps then right-tap on that device and choose Enable.
Disable Proxy Settings using Registry Editor
You should be careful via the registry because any mistake can result in permanent damage to your system. So it is recommended that you guys create a full backup of your registry before making any changes as well. Just follow the step below to block the internet connection via the registry.
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type regedit and hit Enter to open Registry Editor.
- When you run the above command, then it will ask for permission. Tap on “Yes” to open the Registry Editor.
- Now, you need to navigate to the following location in the Registry Editor:
- Now, right-tap on the Internet Explorer and choose the New > key. Name this new key as “Restrictions” & hit Enter.
- Then again right-click on the “Restriction” key and then select New > DWORD (32-Bit) Value.
- You have to name this new DWORD as “NoBrowserOptions”. Double-tap on this DWORD and then change the value data to ‘1’ from ‘0’.
- Again right-click on Internet Explorer and then select New > Key. Name this new key as “Control Panel” as well.
- Right-tap on Control Panel then choose New > DWORD(32-bit) Value.
- You have to name this new DWORD “ConnectionTab” and then change its value data to ‘1’.
- When finished, close the Registry Editor and then reboot your PC to save changes.
After the PC restarts, no one will ever be able to change the proxy settings via Internet Explorer or Control Panel. Your proxy address will be the last address that you used in the above method. At last, you have disabled or block Internet Access in Windows 10 but if in the future you have to access the internet. Then just navigate to the Internet Explorer registry key right-click on Restriction, and choose Delete. Just like that, right-click on Control Panel & again choose Delete.
How to Block Internet Access to Programs
Block Internet Access for any Program using Internet Lock (Third Party Software)
Internet Lock is the third-party software that you can install in order to block internet access. Most of the methods which we have earlier discussed need manual blocking of the internet. However, through this software, you can configure the required settings related to internet connectivity. It is freeware and also has a very user-friendly interface. Following are the feature of this software as well:
- Can block internet connection.
- Any Websites can be blocked.
- You can also create parental rules related to the internet connection.
- Can also restrict internet access to any program.
- Can be used in order to blacklist any website.
Block Internet Access for any Program via OneClick Firewall
A one-click firewall is a utility tool that you can install on your computer. It would be just the part of the windows firewall and this tool does not really have its own interface. It would be just appeared in the context menu, whenever you right-click on any program as well.
In the right-tap on context menu you will find these two options after installation:
- Block Internet Access.
- Restore Internet Access.
Now, just right-tap on the programs’ s .exe file. In the menu, you have to select “Block Internet Access”. This will basically block internet access for that program and the firewall will automatically create a rule for this program as well.
Use Windows Firewall
Windows firewall is basically used to avoid unauthorized access to the system. However, you can also use a window firewall to block internet access for any application. You have to create a new rule for that program via the following steps.
- You have to search for Control Panel using the Windows Search.
- In the control panel, just tap on the “Windows Defender Firewall” option.
- Now tap on the “Advanced Setting” option from the left-hand side of the screen.
- A firewall window along with an advanced settings wizard will open. Tap on “Inbound Rule” from the left-hand side of the screen as well.
- Head to the Action section and then tap on the “New Rule”.
- You have to follow all the steps to create the rule. On the “Program” step, browse to the application or program for which you guys are creating this rule.
- When you click the browse button the “File Explorer” window will open. Select the .exe file of the program and hit the “Next” button.
- Now choose “Block the Connection” under Action and click on the Next button. Then give the profile and again tap on Next.
- At last, type the name & description of this rule and click the “Finish” button.
That’s just it, it will block internet access for the particular program or application. You could again enable the internet access for the said program via following the same steps till the Inbound rule window opens, and then delete the rule that you just created.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Fix Google Maps not Showing Route