Reddit’s front page that is /r/All features these kind of content that is upvoted in the default Subreddits. These are defaults that are based on the number of subscribers they actually carry. Most of the time, the general ones are r/funny or r/technology. However, keep in mind that not all of them are of equal interest. Just read this article to know all about How to Block a Subreddit From r/all – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
There are actually two ways in which this can actually be done. The first way is both comfortable and free of cost. However, the other is easy but needs some money. Later, you will also learn how you can use content filters and block specific subreddits that you don’t like.
How to Block a Subreddit From r/all – Tutorial
Use Browser Extension – Chrome or Firefox
Now the free and easy way to do this is actually to use an extension known as Reddit Enhancement Suite. This is seemed to be one of the most famous extensions. This can be used in order to hide any subreddit of your choice from r/all.
For this, you have to follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you guys have to install “Reddit enhancement Suite.”
- When you do that, head to “settings.”
- It comes along with extensive options, from the left column, you have to select subreddits.
- Then under this, you need to choose the “FilteReddit option“.
- Then on this panel, you need to scroll down towards the section needed as well.
- After this, just tap on “+add filter” in order to enter the name you want to hide.
Now if you guys are trying to prevent such posts regarding a particular topic is do not want to block put the whole subreddit. Then what you can do is use filter words to make sure that the post does not show up on r/all whenever they are upvoted towards the top inevitably as well.
This is because of the unfortunate problem it faces, a significant event occurs. And it sprouts multiple posts on just the same topic in many sections. Now they get loaded at the front page so that it show something that is more or less about the same thing.
This suit is also available for Chrome, Opera, and Firefox as well as internet explorer too. If you have it from your desktop web browsers then just don’t worry, you’re covered.
If you want to use a third application then you have to see either it has a filtering option or not. Most of it carries the filtering option. Now keep one thing in your mind that this also suit is not the only extension to have this feature. If you are looking for something that is less extensive, and then you shall be able to find one really quickly.
Buy Reddit Gold – Works every time | Block a Subreddit
The second option, as mentioned earlier, is easy, however, needs users to put in some money to buy Reddit Gold. The premium Reddit option carries additional features that also let you hide subreddits from r/all. Now for all the mobile users out there, an add-on or also extension is not going to be an option. However, that does not mean that you have to get some gold or also make an exceptional comment that someone shall reward you along with the gold.
Now many third-party plugins and apps can also be found in the market for both ios and android in order to fill the gap. They mostly come in free or may cost $5 or even less.
Try the desktop version of Reddit for Filtering | Block a Subreddit
Now, if you guys are using the new version of Reddit actually. Then performing such a task is a bit trickier than when you are using the older version actually. The reason is that the new version does not carry along with it the filtering options. These are only displayed on the desktop in the older version as well.
However, you do not need to worry as on the newer version you are still able to do this. For this, you just need to make a temporary visit to the old version in order to access and filtering the option. For this, just follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you have to log in.
- Now whenever you are logged into the Reddit account only, then you guys have the option to filter out subreddits.
- Just look to the top bar in order to log in to an existing account or to create a new one.
- After this, you have to click right on the right-hand side of your username as well.
- This shall show you some options.
- You have to click on “visit old Reddit” to visit the older version where you shall be able in order to find the filtering options.
- As you are now in the old version, you would see that filtering options are also available under /r/all. In order to get in there, you need to tap on “ALL” from the top bar.
- Now in the right sidebar, you guys shall be able to filter out any subreddits you want via entering their name and then tapping on the plus button to the right.
Now all you have to do is refresh and they shall no longer show up in your /r/all feed as well.
Well, That’s all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!