Blade and Soul is actually an online role-playing game based on Korean martial art released in 2016. It also has received accolades from both the east and the west as well. But, many gamers also have experienced an error when they are about to launch the game as well. If you too are frustrated via this error, and you are at the right place. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Blade and Soul Not Launching Issue. Let’s begin!
- 1 How to Fix Blade and Soul Not Launching Issue
- 1.1 Why Blade and Soul Game won’t launch?
- 1.2 Delete Client.exe
- 1.3 Using Game Launcher | Blade and Soul Not Launching
- 1.4 Turn off Bluetooth
- 1.5 Delete Game Guard
- 1.6 Use Ethernet cable to fix connectivity issues
- 1.7 Modify Windows Defender Settings
- 1.8 Reinstall Game | Blade and Soul Not Launching
- 1.9 Use Multi-client option in BNS Buddy
- 1.10 Use Different Bit Version According to Your Windows
- 1.11 Conclusion
How to Fix Blade and Soul Not Launching Issue
Why Blade and Soul Game won’t launch?
These are some of the causes of Blade and Soul launching error, have a look:
- Bluetooth issue
- Corrupt user configuration
- Connectivity issues
- Missing Client.exe
- Game Guard conflict
- Conflict with Windows Defender
- BNS Buddy issue
Now you guys are aware of the issues behind the Blade and Soul game not launching, let’s see how you can resolve this issue along with the below-listed methods.
‘Client.exe’ is actually the primary launcher for Blade and Soul. But, this exe file may become corrupt if the game installation drive is moved or because of an incomplete update. Here’s how you can delete client.exe in order to fix Blade and Soul not launching error:
- Tap on the Windows + E keys in order to open the File Explorer.
- Now, head to the game installation directory and then look for client.exe.
- Right-click on the ‘client.exe’ file and then choose Delete.
- Then, open the Ncsoft installer and tap on the File Repair option.
Restart the computer and then check if the Blade and Soul not launching error has been resolved as well.
Using Game Launcher | Blade and Soul Not Launching
There are two ways in order to launch a game: either directly from the executable file or from a launcher that comes along with the game. On some occasions, launching the game via the launcher immediately loads the game without even any issues, Rather than launching it through its executable file.
This process seems to address the inability of the game in order to build a sandboxed environment in which it can run effectively as well. The launcher will also be able to build a sandboxed environment and then run the game without any errors. In order to check if this approach solves your game launching issue as well,
- Head to the download files of the game.
- Then try loading the game through the in-built launcher.
Turn off Bluetooth
Turning off the Bluetooth on the machine is one of the most famous solutions for Blade and Soul not launching errors. In this approach, you have to go to the Device Manager and turn off Bluetooth from there manually.
- Tap on the Windows +R keys together in order to open the Run command box and then type devmgmt.msc in the box.
- Now under Device Manager, just expand the Bluetooth tab.
- Right-tap on the Bluetooth device and then choose Disable device.
Restart the computer in order to save changes. After that, try to launch Blade and Soul to see if it works.
Delete Game Guard
Blade and Soul use Game Guard like an anti-cheat tool to ensure that players do not use any mods or hacks whenever playing the game. In order to fix Blade and Soul not launching issue because of Game Guard:
- Now nvigate to the game installation folder.
- Then just delete the Game Guard folder completely.
When you do that, make sure to restart the PC. Blade & Soul not launching problem should be resolved.
Use Ethernet cable to fix connectivity issues
Another workaround that we actually came across is connecting the laptop or PC directly to an ethernet cable. This fix resolves the issue because of a bug in the game that doesn’t let the game access the Internet over WiFi. Just make sure your Wi-Fi and all many other internet devices attached to the machine are turned off. Now, just check if you guys are able to fix Blade and Soul won’t launch error as well.
Modify Windows Defender Settings
Another issue that a lot of players encounter is that the game is blocked via Windows Defender. The problem with Blade and Soul might be that it is being blocked via the Windows Defender, is spite of it being a legitimate program. You will have to adjust the Windows Defender configuration as explained below:
- In order to open Settings on your computer, just tap on Windows + I keys together.
- Choose Update & Security in the Settings window.
- Now from the left-hand side menu choose Windows Security.
- Tap on App & browser control and then turn off all the given options.
- Next, tap on Exploit protection settings.
- Then, Disable all the options under System settings.
Restart the computer in order to save the changes. Your game should no longer be marked & blocked as a threat to your operating system as well.
Reinstall Game | Blade and Soul Not Launching
If the error remains unresolved, it also means there is an issue along with the game installation files. That may be corrupt or incomplete as well. This can avoid you from starting the game. Hence, a fresh & proper installation should help. Here are the steps in order to reinstall Blade & Soul:
- Tap on the Windows + R keys together in order to open the Run command box.
- Then type appwiz.cpl in the box and click on Enter.
- Now look for Blade and Soul in the application manager. Uninstall it via right-clicking on it.
- Then to go to the official website of Blade & Soul in order to download it.
- Restart your computer after the installation of the game as well.
You will now be able to enjoy error-free gameplay as well.
Use Multi-client option in BNS Buddy
A lot of people use BNS buddy in order to improve their game FPS, use custom mods, and so on. Turning the multi-client system is another solution we also discovered to fix the Blade and Soul launching error as well.
- First of all, just navigate to BNS buddy on your computer then right-click on it.
- Choose the Run as administrator option.
- Then confirm that Blade and Soul are linked to the BNS Buddy as well.
- Turn on the Multi-client feature and launch the game along with BNS buddy.
Use Different Bit Version According to Your Windows
Your Windows could be either 32-bit or 64-bit version, and also the Blade and Soul game provides versions for different bits as well. The 64-bit (32-bit) version of Blade and Soul might actually be unable to run properly on the 32-bit (64-bit) Windows as well. So, if Blade and Soul won’t open on your computer, then check your operating system and open the respective version of the game.
In order to check the operating system, then you can follow the steps below.
- Tap on Windows + S, input control panel in the search bar, and then click the result to open it.
- Select the System and Security category and then tap on System.
- Now under the System section in the right pane, you can also see your System type.
If your Windows is 64-bit, then go to the Bin64 (Bin32 if Windows is 32-bit) folder in the game installation and open the responding version as well. Now, you guys can check if Blade and Soul crash on launch is fixed. If not, then continue along with the next solution.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Fix NVIDIA Display Settings Are Not Available Error|
Leave a Comment