The Avast Behavior Shield is basically a crucial component of the Avast Antivirus software. If you guys use Avast antivirus, the Behavior Shield is enabled via default. It constantly monitors your PC and gives real-time protection from malware. In addition, the Shield effectively detects and also blocks any files that exhibit suspicious behavior as well as activity. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Behavior Shield is Now Off. Let’s begin!
Unfortunately, a lot of users have reported that the Avast Behavior Shield keeps turning off, especially whenever rebooting the computer.
What are the Main Settings of Avast Behavior Shield?
The Avast Behavior shield constantly monitors your system for file threats and malware as well. So, what do you guys do when the Shield detects a threat? You can select from and decide how you can deal with a new threat that Avast Behavior Shield has recently detected. Here are the three available options:
1. Always Ask: If you choose this option, the Behavior shield will ask you what you guys want to do with the threat found. Now, you can
- Move it to the Virus Chest or,
- Delete the file or,
- Ignore the threat.
2. Automatically move detected threats to Chest: If this option is enabled, then the Behavior Shield will automatically move all threats detected in your system to the Virus Chest. Hence your PC will save from the infection.
3. Automatically move known threats to Chest: Whenever you use Avast Antivirus, this option is enabled via default. The Behavior Shield will move threats that the virus definition database detects as dangerous to the Virus Chest as well.
In order to change the settings of Avast Behavior Shield,
- Open Avast Antivirus.
- Now navigate to Settings > Components > Behavior Shield.
- Then select any of the options detailed above, as per your requirement and convenience.
How to Fix Behavior Shield is Now Off
To keep your PC protected, you have to learn how to fix Avast Behavior Shield is now off issue. So, read below to know more about it.
Repair Avast Antivirus
If the above method did not fix the issue, then you could use the in-built Troubleshooting features in Avast to repair the program. You can do that in two ways, as explained below:
Option 1: Directly from Avast Interface
- Just open Avast Antivirus and navigate to Menu > Settings as before.
- Next, head to the Troubleshooting tab.
- Here, tap on Repair App in the right pane. The repair process will begin and might also take a while to finish.
Note: Do not close any window as well as tab during the ongoing process.
- When the repair is complete, reboot your PC. Then check if the Avast Behavior shield is now off or on.
Option 2: Through Add or Remove Programs
- Just type Add or remove programs in the Windows search box. Open it from the search result, as shown.
- In the Search this list bar, just type Avast.
- Tap on Avast and then, Modify.
- Tap on Repair in the Avast pop-up window.
Now, wait for it to repair. Restart your computer and then confirm that the issue is resolved.
Update Avast Antivirus
This issue basically occurs more frequently in the Avast Antivirus 2018 edition. But, the program developers released updates in order to fix the issue of Avast Shield turning off whenever the PC reboots. If Avast is already working in its latest version, then you can skip this method.
Otherwise, you have to follow the given steps to update Avast Antivirus and resolve this issue:
- You have to type Avast in the Windows search box and open Avast Antivirus from the search result.
- Head to Menu > Settings from the top right corner of the Avast user interface.
- Now, head to the Update tab.
- Tap on the icon titled Check for Updates from the right pane. There will actually be two such icons available.
- If applicable, then updates will be installed to Avast.
Now, restart Avast and then check if the issue has solved.
Clean Install Avast Antivirus
The final solution in order to fix Avast Behavior Shield keeps turning off is to uninstall Avast and also all its files from your PC and then just install the latest version. This process is also known as Clean Installation. You have to follow the steps below to perform a clean installation of Avast Antivirus:
- First of all, click on this link and then download the Avast Uninstall Utility.
- When the file is downloaded, then open the file to run the software.
- In the pop-up Avast Uninstall Utility window, then tap on Yes in order to boot Windows in Safe Mode. Click on Yes again in order to confirm.
- Windows will now boot in Safe Mode, and also the Uninstall Utility will launch automatically.
- In the Utility window, just make sure that you choose the correct folder where Avast Antivirus has been installed presently.
- Tap on Uninstall to remove Avast Antivirus and associated files altogether. Tap on Yes in order to confirm the uninstallation.
Note: The process will take a while in order to complete. Do not close any window during the uninstallation process.
- When the process is complete, then tap on Restart in the pop-up window.
- When your PC is restarted, click on this link. Then, tap on Free Download to download the latest version of Avast Antivirus.
- Now open the downloaded file to run the installer. Just follow the instructions shown on the screen to complete the installation.
- Open Avast and check if Avast Behavior Shield has stop working issue is fix as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!