The process of creating a transparent image is actually really simple and also can be via a variety of applications. Earlier, complicated and advanced software such as Adobe Photoshop had to be used to create transparency along with tools such as masking, selection, as well. However, what most people don’t know is, transparent images can also be created along with something as simple as MS Paint as well as MS Paint 3D. First of which is also available on all Windows Operating Systems. Here, a particular combination of tools is used to highlight the regions on the original image as well. However, the rest turns into a transparent background. Just read this article to know all about How to Make Background Transparent in Paint. Let’s begin!
How to Make Background Transparent in Paint
Make Background Transparent Using Paint 3D
Paint 3D was introduced via Microsoft in 2017 along with many others through the Windows 10 Creators Update. It combined features of Microsoft Paint and 3D Builder applications into a lightweight as well as user-friendly application. One of the main aspects is Remix 3D, a community where one can also edit, import, and also share digital ideas and objects.
Making the background transparent is easier in Paint3D than MS Paint due to its Magic Select tool.
- You have to open the picture in Paint 3D via right-clicking on the image and selecting the appropriate software. (Right-tap > Open with > Paint 3D)
- Now adjust the picture according to scale and convenience.
- Click on ‘Magic Select’ located on top.
Magic selection is basically an advanced but fun tool with a lot of potential. Along with its advanced learning technology, it can actually remove objects in the background. However, here, it lends its hand in making an accurate selection. Hence drastically reducing the time and energy spent, especially when one is dealing with complex shapes.
- When you select the tool, translucent borders will also appear. Manually bring them closer. So that only the object needed is highlighted whenever everything else is left in the dark. When satisfied with the selection, tap on ‘Next’ located in the tab to the right.
- Now if there are any errors in the selection, they can also fix at this stage. You guys can refine your selection via adding as well as removing areas using the tools located on the right. When you are satisfied with the selected area, click on ‘Done’ located at the bottom.
- The object will pop up and can move around. Click on ‘CTRL + C’ to copy the specific object.
- You have to open another image in Paint 3D via following Step 1.
- Tap on ‘CTRL + V’ to paste your previous selection here. You can adjust the size and location of the object as per your requirements.
- When you are please along with the final image, tap on on ‘Menu’ located on the top left and proceed to save the image.
Using MS Paint
Microsoft Paint has been a part of Microsoft Windows since its inception as well. It is actually a simple raster graphics editor that basically supports files in Windows bitmap, JPEG, PNG, GIF, as well as single-page TIFF format. Paint is primarily used for creating images via drawing on a blank white canvas. However, also cropping, resizing, choosing tools, skewing, rotating to further manipulate the image. It is basically a simple, lightweight, and user-friendly tool along with lots of potential.
Making the background transparent is really easy in MS Paint, you need to follow the below steps.
- Just right-click on the required image, scroll through the ensuing menu, and then hover your mouse on top of ‘Open with’. In order to launch a sub-menu. From the sub-menu, choose ‘Paint’.
Just like that, open MS Paint first and tap on the ‘File’ menu located on the top right. Then click on ‘Open’ in order to browse through your computer and select the required picture.
- Whenever the selected image opens up in MS Paint, just look toward the top-left corner, and find ‘Image’ options. Tap on the arrow icon located under ‘Select’ in order to open selection options.
- In the drop-down menu, first, turn on the ‘Transparent Selection’ option. Select whichever shapes fit best between ‘Rectangle Selection’ as well as ‘Free-form Selection’. (Such as: To choose the moon, which is a circular entity, free-form is a viable option.)
- At the bottom-right corner, just find the ‘Zoom in/out’ bar and adjust it in a way that the required object covers most of the available on-screen area. This basically helps in creating a space in order to make an accurate selection.
- Slowly and carefully trace the outline of the object using your mouse whenever holding the left mouse button.
- Whenever the start and the endpoint of your tracing meet, a dotted rectangular box will then appear around the object and you would be able to move your selection.
- Then right-click on your selection and choose ‘Cut’ in the menu as well as you can simply tap on ‘CTRL + X’ on your keyboard. This will make your selection disappear, then leaving just white space behind.
- Now, repeat Step 1 in order to open the image you want your selection to combine within MS Paint.
- Tap on ‘CTRL+V’ in order to paste the previous selection onto the new image. Your selection will then appear with a noticeable white background surrounding it.
- Head to ‘Image’ settings again and tap on the arrow under Select. Turn on ‘Transparent Selection’ once again and the white background will then disappear.
- Now adjust the position and size of the object as per your requirements as well.
When satisfied, tap on the File menu in the top-left corner and tap on ‘Save as’ in order to store the picture. Always remember to change the filename whenever saving to prevent confusion.
How to save a picture with a transparent background?
In order to save a picture with transparent background, we will be using MS Paint as well as Paint 3D. Along with some assistance from Microsoft Powerpoint.
- So, e1. Either in MS Paint or Paint 3D, choose the object needed via following the steps mentioned above and then tap on ‘CTRL + C’ to copy the selected object.
- Just open Microsoft Powerpoint and in a blank slide and tap on ‘CTRL+V’ to paste.
- When you paste, right-click on the object and tap on ‘Save as Picture’.
- Just make sure to change Save as type to ‘Portable Network Graphics’ also known as ‘.png’ file whenever saving.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!