Avast is a really common antivirus option that gives solid protection against viruses for free. However, you can also use a paid version. From day one, but, there are a lot of different problems surrounding Avast. One of the most common problems is Avast not opening on Windows along with no error messages. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Avast Won’t Open in Windows. Let’s begin!
There have been a lot of different methods people used in order to get rid of this problem. And we will try to present the ones that have been the most helpful in this article. Just follow the instructions carefully and good luck in resolving the problem!
What Causes the Avast Won’t Open Problem on Windows?
Avast might fail to open because of many different problems. But, it’s possible to come up with a shortlist which can give you the most common ones which affect the majority of users. Determining the correct cause is great for finding the best solutions and also resolving the problem as soon as possible.
- Broken Avast installation – Avast installation may also have gone corrupt because of many different things but, luckily, Avast has provided a lot of things you can do to resolve the problem such as repairing it as well as performing a clean install.
- Avast Antivirus service not running properly – If there are problems along with its main service, then you can simply restart it and check in order to see if the problem is resolved.
How to Fix Avast Won’t Open in Windows
If something is wrong along with the Avast installation because it won’t open at all. It’s best to just simply repair it through navigating to the Control Panel and via the repair wizard. This solution worked for a lot of people but consider the fact. That you may have to readjust certain settings you may also have changed in the antivirus.
- First of all, you have to make sure you are logged in with an administrator account. When you won’t be able to delete programs via any other account.
- Tap on the Start menu and open Control Panel via searching for it. Just like that, you can also tap on the gear icon in order to open Settings if you guys are using Windows 10.
- In Control Panel, choose to View as Category at the top right corner and tap on Uninstall a Program under the Programs section as well.
- If you guys are using the Settings app, tapping on Apps should immediately open a list of all installed programs on your PC.
- Now locate Avast in Control Panel or Settings and tap on Uninstall/Repair.
- Its uninstall wizard should open along with several options such as Update, Repair, Modify, and Uninstall. Just choose Repair and click Next in order to fix the installation of the program.
- A message will pop up asking you in order to confirm the process. Avast will most likely be restarted along with the default settings that basically worked before the error started to occur.
- Tap on Finish when the uninstalled completes the process and then restart your computer to see if Avast now opens properly.
Perform a Clean Install | avast won’t open
There is almost nothing about Avast that actually clean install won’t fix. And that can be said about this specific problem as well. The clean reinstall is pretty simple in order to execute and it manages to solve this problem if all of the methods above do not work. It does more than just the regular uninstall when it also deletes the cache files. And then removes the related registry entries that may have gone corrupt.
- Download the latest version of the Avast installation via navigating to this link and tapping the Download Free Antivirus button in the middle of the website.
- Also, you will have to download the Avast Uninstall Utility from this link so just save it to your computer as well.
- Disconnect from the Internet after you guys have downloaded these files and boot into Safe Mode. You can use the Windows + R key combination on your keyboard in order to start the Run dialog box and type in “MSConfig” before clicking OK.
- In the System Configuration window, just navigate to the Boot tab to the right. And then check the box next to the Safe Boot Click OK and restart your computer in order to boot into Safe Mode as well.
- Run the Avast Uninstall Utility and then browse for the folder where you have installed Avast. If you guys installed it in the default folder (Program Files), you can just leave it. Be careful to select the correct folder since the contents of any folder you select will be deleted or corrupted. Navigate via File Explorer until you guys find the right folder.
- Click on the Remove option and restart your computer through booting into the normal startup. Now just check to see if Avast now opens normally.
Restart the Avast Antivirus Service
It’s really possible that an error regarding the Avast Antivirus service is actually avoiding Avast from opening properly. Services can also be restarted rather easily and this method is definitely an easy one in order to perform by anyone! Make sure you guys follow the instructions below carefully in order to restart the Avast Antivirus service!
- Open the Run utility via using the Windows Key + R key combination on your keyboard (tap on these keys at the same time. Type “services. msc” in the newly opened box without the quotation marks and tap on OK in order to open the Services tool.
- The alternative way is just to open the Control Panel via locating it in the Start menu. You can also search for it via the Start menu’s search button as well.
- After the Control Panel window opens, then just change the “View by” option at the top right part of the window to “Large Icons”. And scroll down until you guys locate the Administrative Tools Click on it and then locate the Services shortcut at the bottom. Tap on it in order to open it as well.
- Now locate the Avast Antivirus service on the list, right-click on it and choose Properties from the context menu which appears as well.
- If the service is started (you guys can check that just next to the Service status message). Then you should stop it for now via clicking the Stop button in the middle of the window. If it stops, then leave it, until we proceed as well.
- Make sure that the option under the Startup type menu in the service’s properties window is all set to Automatic before you guys proceed along with other steps. Confirm any dialogue boxes that may also appear when changing the startup type. Tap on the Start button in the middle of the window before exiting. You may receive the following error message when you click on Start:
How to fix Error 1079 | avast won’t open
Windows could not really start the Avast Antivirus service on the Local Computer. Error 1079: The account specified for this service differs from the account specified for many other services running in the same process. If you guys received Error 1079 via pressing the Start button in the above method, then follow the steps below to resolve it:
- You have to open the Properties window of Avast Antivirus service via following steps 1 to 4 written above.
- Then, in the Properties window, tap on Log On tab.
- Tap on the Browse button,
- Now you have to enter your account name in the text field under ‘Enter the object name to select. Then, tap on Check Names.
- If your username is correct, tap on OK as shown below. And if your username is incorrect, then it will show you an error.
- If you are prompted, then just enter a password, and then, tap on OK.
Now head back to the Avast Antivirus service Properties window and tap on the Start button. After you guys have completed the above steps, just open Avast and see if the Avast UI failed to load the issue persists. If you are still facing the issue, and then perform a clean install of Avast in the next method as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Leave a Comment