So, how can you Audacity record on Discord audio with the Audacity? Also, how can you record audio in Discord so you can also listen again later? Is also possible or not? Now, With Discord, this will also be the number one gaming chat platform that is available on the internet and also the Audacity. This will also be one of the best free audio editing programs around. Now, this will also make some sense to see if these two work together.
So, You can also record Discord audio with Audacity. Although, if you are also planning to record a voice chat and then also want to hear this in your own voice on the recording. This is as well as other people if you are out of luck. The Audacity will only have a single audio input, so you can also either hear the sound of your own voice or also other people’s but not both. Now, You can also use OBS or also the Craig bot for Discord for recording voice calls though.
How Can Audacity Record On Discord?
So, As we mentioned above, in case, if your intention also has to record this going on that is within Discord. Now, you don’t need your own voice or also want to record your own voice but not others. Then you can also do this so in the Audacity. So, As the program that is also a much more powerful audio editor that is for no money. This will also make sense to keep the program around. Now, this is also available for Linux, Windows, and Mac.
So, You can also use Audacity and then record from your microphone. This is which it will also pick up audio from Discord that is from your speakers. Now, this is also a convoluted setup but gets the job done.
- You can also download and then install Audacity.
- Then you can also select Edit and Preferences that are within Audacity once loaded.
- Now, you can also select Devices that is from the popup window.
- You can also Select the Recording device as your microphone.
- Now, Fire up Discord and join a voice channel.
- Also, Have the voice chat come through your speakers loud enough to record.
- Now, Set Audacity to record using your mic.
So, You cannot use your mic and then talk otherwise you will also talk over the recording. Now, you will also have to make sure that the mic is also far enough away. This is from your speakers to not interfere and then with the audio but still pick it up. Now, this is an inelegant solution but it can work. Then You would be much better off recording using the Craig bot or OBS though.
How To Record Discord audio with Craig:
A Craig is also having a Discord bot that you can also record multiple channels. Now, this is also an excellent bot that is for recording conversations and then it can also provide decent quality audio for any use.
- This will also Invite Craig to your server using the website.
- You can also Invite it to a channel when you want it to record.
- Now, Ask Craig to leave when you’re done recording.
- After that Download, your audio files for your personal use or also upload them to your Google Drive.
In case, if you invite Craig to your server. Then the bot will also begin some recordings right away. Now, this will also save each channel that is also having a separate file and then. Now this will also DM you the location that is from which you can download them. If you will first invite it to your channel. Then Don’t lose that link. After that, you can also download the files and this will also listen to them on your normal audio player. Now, This is a much better way to record audio in Discord.
How To Store this audio with OBS:
So, As most Discord streamers use, or also have this to used OBS. Now, this will also make sense to use. In case, if you are familiar with it. Then if you don’t want to use Craig, this is arguably the best way to record audio on a Discord channel. Now, OBS can also have some of the multiple audio inputs. Then you can also hear your own voice as well as other people.
- You have to Open OBS and then set up a new scene.
- Then select the ‘+’ by Sources at the bottom of the main OBS window.
- Now, Select Desktop Audio and then set it up in Settings and Audio. Then Select the same source as you listen. In case, if your Discord audio is also using speakers. Then select speakers.
- Then Save the settings.
- You can Set up your mic as usual.
- Now, Set up a second audio source. In case, if you will also want to for hearing the game. Then you are also playing or whatever you’re doing.
- Now, start recording when you’re ready.
This is also possible to want the practice of a little before going live. So, this also has the level that may need equalizing to get right. The OBS will also allow you to tune each channel individually. Now, this is also with the Mixer. You can also run a short test recording and then use the Mixer option. Then to adjust the different levels so each audio track and is also audible and also not canceling each other out.
Now, I would always let the others on the Discord channel. Then you will also know that you are recording whenever you do this. In most countries, then recording without consent is illegal and all over the world. You can also record this without consent that is really bad form. Now, Either way, tell some of the others that you are recording for a stream, podcast, or whatever and let the fun begin!
Also, See: Ways To Fix Discord Update Loop _Bug
Now, With Discord, this will also be the number one gaming chat platform that is available on the internet and also the Audacity. This will also be one of the best free audio editing programs around. Now, this will also make some sense to see if these two work together. So, You can also record Discord audio with Audacity. Although, if you are also planning to record a voice chat and then also want to hear this in your own voice on the recording. This is as well as other people if you are out of luck.
Hope you like this! If You still have any query let us know in the comments below. Thank you!