0xc000007b Application Error is a really common error that many times occur. Whenever trying to run some Direct X games as well as applications. Most of the window users face this error on a regular basis, however, they don’t really know how you guys can fix this permanently. Actually, there could be a lot of reasons for this error in order to pop up so there is no single fix. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Application Error 0xc000007b in Windows. Let’s begin!
However, before even moving any further let’s just talk about what this error is all about.
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
That specific error code basically refers to an invalid image format. But, what the error code mostly means is that you are trying to run a program that is intended to work along with a 64 bit Windows operating system. However, you only have a 32 bit OS. There are actually a couple of other reasons why this might be happening as well. Specifically, if you know you have a 64-bit operating system as well as have been able to run the program in the past. So, here are some troubleshooting steps in order to Fix Application Error 0xc000007b.
- 1 How to Fix Application Error 0xc000007b in Windows
- 1.1 Run the application in Compatibility mode
- 1.2 Hard Disk Error Checking
- 1.3 Run the application as an Administrator
- 1.4 Reinstall the Application
- 1.5 Reinstall DirectX | Application Error 0xc000007b
- 1.6 Replace 32-bit xinput1_3.dll with an appropriate version
- 1.7 Reinstall all Microsoft Visual C++ runtime packages |Application Error 0xc000007b
- 1.8 Install or repair .NET Framework
- 1.9 Conclusion
How to Fix Application Error 0xc000007b in Windows
Well, this error code can also be triggered if you guys don’t have the correct redistributables installed on your PC. This can be really confusing as if you guys are trying to run a 32-bit application and you don’t really have 32-bit DLLs. Then you will have problems running that application. In that case, you guys will need to install all the VC runtimes.
In this article, we will show you guys some solutions that you can try to fix the 0xc00007b error code yourself actually. We have tried our best in order to collect the best working methods for you and then placed them in a simpler manner. All the Methods start from simple to advanced as well.
Run the application in Compatibility mode
Many times running the application in compatibility mode can also fix Application Error 0xc000007b. As it might be possible that the application is not really compatible with the newer version of windows. Let’s now see how you can do this:
- Just right-click on the application icon and then tap on Properties.
- Choose the Compatibility tab and then tap on “Run compatibility troubleshooter.“
- And then choose “Try recommended settings” after which you guys can either test your application or just click on next.
- And if the above didn’t really work out for you then you could manually choose compatibility mode and from the drop-down select “Windows XP.“
Hard Disk Error Checking
To Fix Application Error 0xc000007b you guys should regularly check your hard disk for errors. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Just right-click on the start button and then choose “Command prompt (Admin).“
- Then type chkdsk c: /f /r and press enter.
- Now, it will ask you to schedule the scan as the C drive is in use, just type Y to schedule the scan and click on enter.
Now, whenever you guys restart the windows it will then check the disk during system restart. And this will surely Fix Application Error 0xc000007b as well.
Run the application as an Administrator
Right-tap on your application and select “Run as administrator“. Many times providing administrative privileges to the application might also solve this problem. If providing administrative privileges solves this problem then you guys might always consider running your application along with it.
In order to do this, right-click on the application icon and then tap on Properties. Choose the Compatibility tab, and then check “Run this program as an administrator.“
Reinstall the Application
You have to uninstall the application and then again install it, however, before that, you guys must follow this:
- Just install the application to the system partition (C:) as the application may also return an error if installed on a logical partition.
- Just make sure to turn off your antivirus program before the installation. [Note: You have to scan your program file before turning off your antivirus]
Reinstall DirectX | Application Error 0xc000007b
In order to avoid 0xc000007b Application Error, you guys should always make sure to update your DirectX. The best way in order to make sure you guys have the latest version installed is just to download DirectX Runtime Web Installer from Microsoft’s official website as well.
Replace 32-bit xinput1_3.dll with an appropriate version
0xc000007b Application Error occurs whenever the xinput1_3.dll file becomes corrupted or overwritten with another version that happens to be incompatible. To replace 32-bit xinput1_3.dll along with an appropriate version, just follow these steps:
- You have to download the 32-bit xinput1_3.dll file and then extract it.
NOTE: Before doing anything, you guys should first backup your original xinput1_3.dll file actually. (That should be located here: C:\Windows\SysWOW64) and if something didn’t go as planned, then you can always restore it back.
- You have to copy the extracted xinput1_3.dll file then just head to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and just paste the file there.
- So, if prompted, the option copy and then just replace.
Reinstall all Microsoft Visual C++ runtime packages |Application Error 0xc000007b
Microsoft Visual C++ runtime packages are an important part of running Windows applications. Thus reinstalling them can also Fix Application Error 0xc000007b. Visual C++ packages have actually both 32-bit & 64-bit versions and they both are equally important as well.
Note: Before following any of the listed steps, it’s actually mandatory to create a system restore point just in case something actually goes wrong. Then you can easily switch back to the previous state.
- First of all, just go to the control panel and tap on Uninstall a program.
- Now just completely remove all Microsoft Visual C++ packages from your PC. So, after that restart your PC as well.
- When your system restarts, then none of the packages will be there, head to Microsoft’s official download page here
- Just download and install each one of them and if some of them fail in order to install, just ignore them, and then install the next one. Your PC will restart many times during installation, so just be patient.
Install or repair .NET Framework
.NET Framework may also cause a lot of errors and problems if it isn’t regularly updated. In order to make sure you have the latest version visit here. If you guys already have the latest version of the .NET Framework, then the installer will offer you in order to repair .NET Framework to its original state.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Fix Tap to Load Snapchat Issue