There is always something in your cell phone that you guys don’t want to be seen via others. It could be a picture that you don’t want to be a gossip. It could also be a dating app that you guys don’t want to be discovered via your friends or colleagues, such as Tinder. In this article, we are going to talk about The best App Hider Without Root on Android. Let’s begin!
As we depend more and more on our cell phones, there are a lot of secrets hidden in them. So you guys may wonder how you can hide secret apps on your Android phone. Actually, there are many ways to hide apps or pictures on Android, such as rooting your phone or using a particular launcher. However, you can also do it without any app. This article is now gonna show you three workarounds of hiding apps on Android. Read on to find out the one that suits you the best as well!
The best App Hider Without Root on Android
App locks are great to avoid people from accessing your apps and other personal data. However, have you ever felt the need to hide the apps altogether? There may occur situations whenever you have apps that you don’t want your parents as well as friends to find on your phone. Some smartphones nowadays come along with built-in app hiding features. However, you can use a third-party app for the same purpose if your phone doesn’t really have that built-in feature. Read this article in order to find out how you can hide apps on any Android device and that too. Without even having to root your phone. So, here are a few apps that can also solve this purpose for you.
APEX LAUNCHER | App Hider Without Root
- Download and install Apex Launcher from Play Store.
- Open the app and configure all customizations needed.
- Choose Apex Launcher as your Home app.
- Now, just click on ‘Apex settings’ on the home screen.
- Click on ‘Hidden Apps’.
- Tap on the ‘Add hidden apps’ button.
- Choose one or more apps that you guys want to hide.
- Click on ‘Hide App’.
- Your app will also be hidden from the app drawer.
- Now note that if someone searches for that app, it will not appear in the search results as well.
So using Apex Launcher you guys can easily hide apps on your Android device too. However, if you don’t want to use any type of launcher then you guys can use another app called Calculator Vault in order to hide apps.
Nova Launcher is a pretty useful launcher that you can download from Play Store. Also, Nova Launcher basically replaces your original home screen along with your customized screen, that permits you to hide some apps on your device. It also has both, a free version and a prime version that is paid. We will also talk about both of these.
This version also has an ingenious way of preventing people from knowing that you use a specific app. It does not actually hide the app from the app drawer, rather, it renames it in the app drawer. So that no one can really identify it. In order to use this app,
- First, install Nova Launcher from Play Store.
- Restart your phone and then choose Nova Launcher as your Home app.
- Now head to the app drawer and long press on the app that you need to hide.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ option from the list as well.
- Now type a new app label that you want to use as the name for this app from now on. Just type a common name that won’t grab much attention.
- Also, just click on the icon to change it.
- Now, tap on ‘Built-in’ to select an app icon from those already existing on your phone, or click on ‘Gallery apps’ to select an image.
- When you are done, then tap on ‘Done.
- Now your app’s identity has been changed and no one can find it. Note that even if someone searches for the app via its old name, it won’t really appear in the search results. So you are now good to go.
If you guys want to actually hide apps on Android without root (rather than renaming) then you guys can buy the pro version of Nova Launcher.
- Install Nova Launcher Prime version from Play Store actually.
- Now restart your phone and permit any required permissions.
- Head to the app drawer and then open Nova Settings.
- Click on ‘App and widget drawers.
- At the bottom of the screen, then you guys will find an option for ‘Hide apps’ under the ‘Drawer groups’ section.
- Click on this option to select one or more apps that you guys want to hide.
- Now your hidden app(s) will not be visible in the app drawer as well.
This is actually the easiest way using which you can Hide Apps on Android Without Root. However, if for some reason this doesn’t really work for you or you don’t like the interface then you can also try the Apex Launcher to hide apps.
CALCULATOR VAULT: APP HIDER – HIDE APPS
This is yet another really useful application to hide apps on Android without even rooting the phone. Keep in mind that this app is not a launcher. The Calculator Vault is an easy-to-use app and also what it does is really amazing. Now, this app hides your apps via cloning them into its own vault so that you guys can delete the original app from your device. The app you guys want to hide will now stay in the vault. Not just that, this app is also capable of hiding itself too (You wouldn’t want someone in order to find out you are using app hider, would you?).
So what it does is that this app also appears in your default launcher as a ‘Calculator’ app. Whenever someone opens the app, all they actually see is a calculator. That is actually a fully functional calculator. But, on pressing a specific set of keys (your password), you guys will be able to go to the actual app. In order to use this app.
- Just install Calculator Vault from Play Store.
- Open the app.
- You guys will be asked to enter a 4 digit password for the app.
- When you type the password, you will be taken to a calculator-like screen where you need to enter the password which you have set in the previous step. Every time you guys want to access this app, then you will have to type in this password.
- From here, it will take you to the App Hider vault.
- Click on the Import Apps button.
- You guys will be able to see the list of apps on your device sorted alphabetically.
- Choose one or more apps you want to hide.
- Tap on ‘Import Apps’.
- The app will then be added to this vault. You guys will be able to access the app from here. Now, you can also delete the original app from your device.
- That’s just it. Your app is now hidden and also protected from outsiders.
- With these apps, you can also easily hide your private stuff from anyone.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this “App Hider Without Root” article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!