If you guys are not able to access an Application along with the built-in Admin account. Then this is due to a security feature that restricts access to highly privileged accounts such as the Local Administrator in order to protect the operating system from harmful actions of users. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix App can’t open using a Built-in Administrator Account. Let’s start!
This app can’t open.
Microsoft Edge can’t be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again.
If you guys are facing this annoying warning where you can’t access any app on your system. Then you have to follow the below troubleshooting guide which would fix the issue as well.
- 1 How to Fix App can’t open using Built-in Administrator Account
How to Fix App can’t open using Built-in Administrator Account
Change User Account Control Settings
- First of all, just tap on Windows Key + X and then select Control Panel.
- Choose User Accounts and then click again on User Accounts.
- Now tap on “Change User Account Control settings.“
- Just set the Slider to the 2nd option from the top.
- Tap on Ok then close everything and Reboot your PC in order to save changes. This would Fix App can’t open using a Built-in Administrator Account.
Enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator Account | App can’t open
- Just click on Windows Key + R and then type secpol.msc and click on Enter.
- Now, navigate to Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options.
- Then just double click on User Account Control Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account in the right pane window in order to open its settings.
- Just make sure the policy is set to Enabled and then tap on Apply followed via OK.
- Now restart your PC in order to save changes.
Run System File Checker (SFC) and Check Disk (CHKDSK) | App can’t open
- Tap on Windows Key + X and then click on Command Prompt(Admin).
- Just type the following in the cmd and click on enter:
Sfc /scannow sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows
- Now, wait for the above process in order to finish, and once done restart your PC.
- Next, run CHKDSK from here Fix File System Errors along with Check Disk Utility(CHKDSK).
- Just let the above process complete and again reboot your PC in order to save changes.
Reset Windows Store cache
- Just tap on Windows Key + R and then type “Wsreset.exe” and click on enter.
- When the process is finished restart your PC. This would also clean Windows Store Cache and could Fix App can’t open using a Built-in Administrator Account as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!