How do you guys switch between different tabs on your device? The answer would actually be Alt + Tab. This shortcut key is actually the most used one as well. It then made switching between open tabs on your system easy in Windows 10. But, there are many occasions when this function stops working. If you guys are experiencing this problem on your device, then you have to find out the methods in order to Fix Alt+Tab Not Working in Windows 10. Whenever it comes to finding out the causes of this problem, there are a lot of reasons. But, we will focus on the methods to solve this problem. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Alt+Tab Not Working in Windows 10. Let’s start!
How to Fix Alt+Tab Not Working in Windows 10
- ALT+TAB doesn’t work: The alt + Tab shortcut key is just really important in order to switch between the open program window. However, users are reporting that sometimes it doesn’t really work.
- Alt-Tab sometimes stops working: Another case where Alt + Tab doesn’t really work sometimes means. That it’s a temporary issue that can also be resolved via restarting Windows Explorer.
- Alt + Tab does not Toggle: When you click on Alt + Tab, nothing happens, which means it does not toggle to other program windows.
- Alt-Tab disappears quickly: Another issue related to the Alt-Tab keyboard shortcut as well. However, this can also be resolved via our guide.
- Alt-Tab not switching windows: Users are also reporting that the Alt+Tab shortcut doesn’t switch windows on their PC.
Restart Windows Explorer
Here comes another method in order to get your Alt+Tab function working. It would really help if you restarted your Windows Explorer which may actually solve your problem.
- Tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together in order to open Task Manager.
- There you have to locate Windows Explorer.
- Ten right-click on Windows Explorer and then choose Restart.
After this Windows Explorer will actually restart and hopefully the problem will be solved. But, it would help if you kept in mind that this is just a temporary solution. Then it means you need to repeat it repeatedly.
Change the Registry Values
- You have to open the Run command via pressing Windows + R.
- Then type regedit in the box and click on Enter.
- Now just navigate to the following path:
- Then look for the AltTabSettings DWORD. If you guys do not find the one, you have to create the new one. You have to right-click on the Explorer key and then select New > Dword (32-bit) Value. Now just type the name AltTabSettings and click on Enter.
- Now double tap on the AltTab Settings and then set its value to 1 and then tap on OK.
After completing all these steps, you guys may be able to Fix Alt+Tab Not Working in Windows 10 issue as well. But, if you still experience the same problem, you can then implement the other method.
Turn on or Off Hotkeys | Alt+Tab Not Working
Many times this error occurs just because the hotkeys are disabled. Sometimes malware, as well as infected files, can disable the hotkeys on your system. You can turn off or on the hotkeys via the below steps:
- Tap on Windows + R and type gpedit.msc and click on Enter.
- You guys will see Group Policy Editor on your screen. Now you have to navigate to the following policy:
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > File Explorer
- Choose File Explorer on the right pane, then double-tap on Turn off Windows Key hotkeys.
- Now, under the Turn off Windows Key hotkeys configuration window, just choose Enabled options.
- Tap on Apply followed via OK in order to save changes.
Now you have to check if you’re able to Fix Alt+Tab Not Working in Windows 10 issue. If the problem is still there to haunt you, then you can also follow the same method, however, this time you guys have to select the Disabled option.
Enable the Peek option
A lot of users solve their Alt + Tab not working issue via just simply enabling the Peek option in Advanced System Settings as well.
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type sysdm.cpl and click on Enter to open System Properties
- Now switch to the Advanced tab then tap on the Settings button under Performance.
- There, you also have to make sure that Enable Peek option is checked. If it is not, then you have to check it.
After completing this step, you guys have to check if the problem is solved and the Alt+ Tab function started working.
Check your keyboard | Alt+Tab Not Working
You guys can also check if your keyboard is functioning properly or not. You can also remove the keyboard and then connect other keyboards along with your PC.
Now try Alt + Tab, if it is working, then it actually means your keyboard is damaged. This means you guys have to replace your keyboard along with a new one. However, if the problem persists, you have to opt for other methods.
Reinstall the Keyboard Driver
- Now you have to open the Run box via pressing Windows + R simultaneously.
- Then type devmgmt.msc and click on enter in order to open Device Manager.
- Now here, you have to locate Keyboard and then expand this option. Right-click on the keyboard and then choose Uninstall.
- Just restart your system in order to apply the changes.
Upon restart, Windows will now automatically download and then install the latest keyboard drivers. If it does not install the driver automatically, then you guys can download the driver from the keyboard manufacturer’s official website.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Mass Delete Facebook Friends