Facebook is actually the most used social media platform on the globe. Users basically spend countless hours rummaging via countless search results pages in the hopes that they will accidentally stumble upon the account they want. If this sounds just like your issue, here’s how you can do an advanced search on Facebook and find your desired page with ease. Just read this article to know all about How To Do An Advanced Search On Facebook. Let’s begin!
- 1 How To Do An Advanced Search On Facebook
- 1.1 Use Facebook Filters on the Mobile Application
- 1.2 Advanced Search for Specific Posts on the Facebook Mobile App
- 1.3 Use the Filters Provided via Facebook to Get Better Results | Advanced Search On Facebook
- 1.4 Find People on Facebook
- 1.5 Facebook Marketplace to Buy Objects
- 1.6 Locations on Facebook
- 1.7 Conclusion
How To Do An Advanced Search On Facebook
Facebook’s advanced search option is really useful for finding posts that match some criteria. You can also even use it to find posts you previously saw on Facebook pages whose owners you can’t really remember. Use Facebook advanced search for posts via typing in words that match the post you guys want to search for and then tap on the “Search” button. Tap the “Posts” tab on top and then choose your filters on the left sidebar. You can filter via “Posts From,” “Post Type,” “Post Group,” “Tagged Location” and also “Date Posted.”
Use Facebook Filters on the Mobile Application
The popularity of Facebook also has increased substantially on the mobile app with most folks using only their smartphone to access the platform. Here’s how you guys can use search filters on the Facebook mobile application.
- Just open the Facebook app on your smartphone and click on the magnifying glass in the top right corner.
- Now on the search bar, type the name of the page you guys want to find.
- The panel just below the search bar actually contains the filters aimed at improving your search. Select the category that best explains the type of Facebook page that you are looking for.
Advanced Search for Specific Posts on the Facebook Mobile App
- On the Facebook mobile app, just search for the post you guys are looking for using any keyword.
- When the results are displayed, and click on ‘Posts’ on the panel below the search bar.
- Click on the filter icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Adjust the filters based on your preferences and click on ‘SHOW RESULTS.’
- Now your results should be displayed as well.
Use the Filters Provided via Facebook to Get Better Results | Advanced Search On Facebook
Along with billions of posts and millions of active users, finding something particular on Facebook is a herculean task. Facebook recognized this issue and developed filters, permitting users to narrow down the search results on the platform. Here’s how you can improve search results via using filters on Facebook:
- On your PC, go to the Facebook sign-up page and log in along with your Facebook account.
- On the top left corner of the page, type for the page you guys are looking for. If you remember nothing, just search for the account that uploaded the post or any hashtags that were associated along with it.
- After typing, click on Enter.
- You will be redirected to the search menu as well. On the left side of the screen, a panel titled ‘Filters’ will also be visible. On this panel, just find the category of the page you are looking for.
- Based on your preference, you can choose any category and the search results will be adjusted automatically.
Find People on Facebook
The most common purpose of the search menu on Facebook is just to look for other folks on Facebook. Unfortunately, thousands of folks on Facebook have the same name. Nevertheless, by doing an advanced search on Facebook, you guys can narrow down the search results to the person you are looking for.
- Log in to your Facebook and then type the name of the person on the FB search menu.
- From the panels depicting many categories of searches, click on People.
- If you remember any particular information about the person, finding them becomes much easier. You can adjust the filters to enter their profession, and their city, their education, and then search only for people who are your mutual friends.
- You can tinker with the filters until the desired result appears on the right side of your screen actually.
Facebook Marketplace to Buy Objects
The Facebook Marketplace is a really great place for Facebook users to buy and sell old objects. By adding filters and using the Facebook advanced search feature, you can also find the exact product you were looking for.
- Head onto the Facebook website, and then on the search bar, enter the name of the object you want to buy.
- From the filters panel, click on ‘Marketplace’ to open the range of products available for sale.
- From the category section, then you can select the class of the object you are looking for.
- You can then adjust the many filters available. You can change the location of the buy, choose the condition of the item and create a price range based on your budget.
- When all the filters have been applied, then the optimal search results will be displayed on the screen.
Locations on Facebook
Apart from posts and folks, the Facebook search bar can also be used to find certain locations. This feature is especially useful because it provides a wide range of filters to select from. It helps you find the exact location you are looking for. It is also really handy whenever searching for restaurants around your location.
- Now on the Facebook search bar, just type the name of the place you are looking for.
- Just From the list of categories on the side, click on ‘Places.’
- There will be a list of customizable filters that will also help you narrow down your search.
- If it is late and you want food delivered, then you can look for places that are open and offer delivery. Plus, if you saw your friends visit a specific restaurant. You can also turn on the toggle switch that reads ‘Visited by friends.’
- You can also adjust the price range based on your budget too.
- After the adjustments have been made, then the results will be displayed on the right side of the screen.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!