The note is a terrific app for doing exactly what the name implies. And if you use Notes for work, school, or personal items, there’s bound to be a time when you want to add a link. By adding a link in a note, you can simply tap or click it and go right to the website or page without copying and pasting the URL. In this article, we are going to talk about Add or Remove Links in Notes on the iPhone. Let’s begin!
You can also add links to Notes a few different ways on iPhone, iPad, and Mac as well. This is how-to shows you them all.
- 1 Add the links in Notes on iPhone and iPad
- 2 Add a link with copy and paste
- 3 Add a direct link from Safari
- 4 Remove links in Notes on iOS
- 5 Add links in Notes on Mac
- 6 Add a link with copy and paste
- 7 Add URL links
- 8 Add a text link
- 9 Add a link directly from Safari
- 10 Remove links in Notes on Mac
- 11 Conclusion
You can also add a link to a note on the iPhone and iPad using one of two methods. So use the one that’s most convenient for you actually.
- In the address bar of the browser, choose the URL to highlight it, tap, and then choose Copy.
- Go to Notes and then create a new note or open an existing one.
- Click where you want the link, tap again, and then select Paste.
You should see your link colored and tap-able (clickable) and can just click to open it in your browser.
If you are currently visiting the page that you want to add to a note, then share it directly from Safari.
- Click the Share button and select Notes. If you don’t see Notes in your Share Sheet, click More and then select it.
- Choose the location in Notes by tapping Save To. You can also add text to your note here as well.
- Click Save.
When you open the note containing the link in Notes, then just click it and the site or page will open right up in Safari.
Even though you have limited ability to add links to Notes on iPhone and iPad you do have a couple of options if you want to remove links.
- To keep the text: Put your cursor on or next to the link, click the font button in the keyboard toolbar, and tap Body. You may have to click the Body twice depending on your cursor’s location.
- To remove both the text and link: You can choose the text with the link and click the Backspace key on your keyboard to remove both.
Unlike iOS, you have actually more options for adding links in Notes on Mac. So, next, we will show you four instant and easy methods. You can also use whichever one applies to your current situation. Over time, you will likely find yourself using more than one of them.
- In the address bar of any browser, choose the URL and right-click and select Copy, tap Edit > Copy from the menu bar, or use the keyboard shortcut Command + C.
- When you have the link on your clipboard, then go to Notes, and create a new note or open an existing one.
- Right-click and select Paste, tap Edit > Paste from the menu bar or use the keyboard shortcut Command + V.
- With your cursor at the end of the link, click your Return key.
You should actually see your link colored and now clickable. Single-click the link if you want to open it in your default browser.
If you already have the URL of the page in a note, then you can use the above steps to link it. But what to do if you have a list of URLs? You can link each of them easily and in just a couple of steps, follow these.
- Select all of the URLs that you want to link.
- Right-click or hold Control and click and choose Substitutions > Add Links.
Each of the URLs you applied this to should then be clickable, so go ahead and tap one or more to test them out.
You can not only link a URL in Notes, but you can also create a text link that when clicked. It takes you to the site or page.
- Choose the text in your note.
- Tap Edit > Add Link from the menu bar.
- Enter the URL in the box that shows and then tap OK.
Your text will then be linked to the URL you entered, and you can also tap it once to visit the site or page.
If you are currently visiting the page you want to add to a note, then you can share it from Safari on Mac just like you can on iOS.
- Tap the Share button on the top right of the Safari window or File from the menu bar. Then choose Notes.
- In the pop-up window that shows you can add text to your note and use the drop-down box to pick its exact location. Add to an existing note, or also create a new note with it.
- Click Save.
When you open the note that contains the link in Notes, just double-click, and the website or page will open right up in your default browser.
You can also remove links in Notes on Mac really simply and easily. However, the method depends on whether or not you want to keep the text of that link.
Do one of the following:
- To keep the text: Right-click or hold Control and tap and choose to Remove Link. Or, select the link, click Edit > Edit Link, and tap the Remove Link button.
- In order to remove both the text and the link: Select it and click hit the Delete key on your keyboard.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How to Create Google Photo Animation